High-Speed Rail Benefits The Mississippi River Route
High-Speed Rail Provides A Safe, Competitive Transportation Alternative
- High-speed rail expands the opportunities for business people, families and senior citizens to travel to great destinations within and outside of the Mississippi River route.
- Travel time and cost for passenger rail riders will be competitive with air and auto travel.
- Business and leisure travel passengers can avoid the parking and traffic congestion of major cities.
- It's weather proof, convenient and fun!
High-Speed Rail Saves Money And The Environment
- This needed investment:
- Increases the speed and frequency of passenger service/li>
- Increases freight rail capacity, avoiding more expensive truck transport
- Use of increased capacity in passenger and freight rail service avoids the use of cars and trucks for transportation. Railroads are on average four times more fuel efficient than trucks, which reduces greenhouse gas emissions by 75 percent.
High-Speed Rail Grows Our Economy
- High-speed rail along the Mississippi River route will provide up to $2.3 billion in economic benefits for the state.
- It would create 1,600 permanent jobs in Minnesota, and 15,000 construction jobs needed to complete the project.
- It offers an alternative means of transportation for business and tourism along the Mississippi River Route.
- It is expected to encourage businesses to expand their operations more widely across the region and spur economic development.
Make Your Voice Heard, click here to:
Sign up and get the latest information on the MN High-Speed Rail Project.
Join Email List
Like the Minnesota High-Speed Rail Commission on Facebook
Fact Sheet Downloads
Have more questions about MN High-Speed Rail? Check out these helpful fact sheets to learn more.